- 26-Aug-2014 to 25-Oct-2014 (EST)
- Field Adjuster
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Syndicate Claim Services, Inc. is searching for an experienced Property and Casualty adjuster in the Southern Ohio region. Syndicate offers both W2 and contract positions.
- Investigate and evaluate property and casualty insurance claims
- Review and apply client specific claim guidelines, insurance policies and endorsements
- Inspect Property for physical damage
- Execute thorough claim investigations; scene inspections, recorded statements, secure relative documentation / information
- Produce a professional adjusting report, providing your findings and recommendation for claim settlement
- Deliver work product within time guidelines
- Urgency exhibited in response to clients, policyholders and coworkers
- Effectively utilize claim technology
- Maintain professional and technical insurance industry knowledge through continuing education
- Flexibility in claim scheduling outside of normal business hours
- Perform other duties as required
- Proficiency in Xactimate and Xactanalysis. Individuals without prior claim estimating experience will not be considered.
- Solid customer service skills. If you see yourself as a master of customer service, we want to hear from you!
- Effective time management skills. Working from home, claim assignments will be sent and received electronically. You will be responsible for management of your claim load and diary, including stringent reporting guidelines. We are looking for career-minded adjusting professionals interested in a team environment.
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer)
- Business writing skills. You must be able to communicate with co-workers, management, clients, insureds, contractors and various other parties involved in the insurance claim process in a professional and proper manner.
- The ability to learn new programs. We are technologically advanced and work via a network of virtual offices and paperless work flow techniques. This position has potential for tremendous growth.
- An independent spirit. You must be results-oriented and looking to work with a production-based company. Direct rewards are provided for direct results.
- Valid Driver's License, a good driving record and a clean and presentable vehicle for business use. We recommend vehicles with high mpg ratings.
- Experience with Symbility Claims. Several clients are using the Symbility platform. We are willing to train the right candidate but prior experience is a plus.
- Experience with Casualty Claims. You will handle Casualty / Liability insurance claims as well as property claims. We are willing to train the right candidate but prior experience with recorded statements, scene diagrams, etc. is a plus.
- Various insurance industry certifications. This position does not require specific certifications beyond any state required insurance adjusting licensing. However, most of Syndicate's field staff hold additional industry specific certifications. Continuing career and skill development is a focus.
- Familiarity with FileTrac Claim Management system is helpful.
If you believe you are up to the challenge of joining the Syndicate team, please submit your resume and a copy of all certifications / licenses through the Careers link on our website. All candidates must go through our Candidate Tracking System. Individuals who email their resumes directly will be referred back to our website.
If desired, our daily claim adjusters may be offered the opportunity to travel based on claim volume in other areas due to storms and seasonal claim variation. If you would like to be considered for our Cat roster as well, please indicate so on your application.
All new staff members are required to complete a detailed orientation at our Indianapolis Offices. Please be prepared to spend one to two weeks in Indianapolis.